The Holiday season is time to celebrate with family and friends, we all like to indulge during this time of the year and try all those fancy yummy treats. Unfortunately for many of us it also becomes a time for over-eating and weight gain.
Here are a few simple tips you can implement to stay healthy through the holiday season:
- Watch your portion size – Choose an small plate and fill it up with fruits & vegetables first before reaching out for that yummy rich calorie treat. Take small amounts of dressings, dips & sauces
- Limit to 1-2 treats a day
- Eat a nutritious snack before you go to a party with your family & friends .
- Do not starve yourself, this will make you eat more and pack more calories
- Exercise daily and make yours meals low calorie
Try to focus on a healthy balance food, activity and fun, but most important enjoy yourself and be happy. That is what holidays are all about.